First I did not feel like writing (or doing much of anything) because my "reunion" with my sweetheart from my teenage years CRASHED and BURNED! Not because of anything of MY doing - things were going really well, then he just freaked out one day! It was Memorial Day Weekend, we got in a enormous monster of a fight, and called it quits right then and there.
At first I was so upset! Devestated really. I've loved him for about 10 YEARS. I dated another guy, my ex-boyfriend S, for all of college (about 4 years and some change) and still loved this old flame the whole time. When I was away at college, living in the dorms, I would think about him a lot, even though I had a boyfriend. I guess you just never forget your first love. I so much wanted things to work out this time around. But, I am OK! More than just OK. Seriously. The first ten days were the worst...and I think that goes for almost any breakup. After the first ten days, you start to feel better.
Now, I'm fine! If he does not want to be w/ me, that's his loss and it's too bad for HIM! I've been back to doing the things I enjoy...going out, going to the gym...This is me and my darling A on the river a few weeks ago. What would I do w/out her?!
This weekend we are hosting a Bachelorette Party/Lingerie Shower for one of my dearest friends, so I am excited for that! Hopefully this one should go as planned. Last week we were having a baby shower for another friend and it did NOT go as planned. She didn't show up at work that day, turns out, she was going to the hospital to deliver! So she missed her shower entirely and we went to the hospital to give her the gifts and see her new baby. Even though the shower didn't go as planned, her baby was really the excitment of the week last week!
I won't lie and say I have not had a few minutes of self-pity because ALL my friends are getting married and having babies. Everyone BUT me! It's been a little bit difficult to be around all this wedding stuff (I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding later this month) w/ my breakup, but I'm fine. I'll post pics from the shower when I blog again - it should be a good time. Now, if I can only find the perfect thing to wear...
Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! I can't wait to get caught up on all of your blogs.
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that you and your Mr. Big didn't work out. Sometimes we have to go back to an old flame to finally end things before we can move forward. Sort of settling an old account. I went through that myself. Every relationship I tried to get involved in failed b/c I was still in love with my ex. When I went back with my ex it failed again. However, this time I could move on and date without thinking about him (it was finally over). And now I can't believe I even wasted my time on that loser. Within a year I met my hubby. My husband is a much better catch and I have a really great marriage. I couldn't imagine being with anyone else in the world. I know that there is a terrific guy out there for you. Now that you can put an end to this Mr. Big character you can finally be in that right frame of mind to meet Mr. Right.
I'm sorry to hear that things did not work out well with Mr. Big :( Just try to remain optimistic, and remember that it is definitely his loss and not yours! The next guy that comes along will be the right one for you!
All of my friends are getting engaged/married also, so I know how you feel about being the only one not planning a wedding. Just remember that once it's your turn all of the attention will be on you, and you won't have to worry about having conflicting bridal shower or wedding dates with your friends!
Ugh! I am sorry to hear that someone you loved and cared for turned out to be a jerk! I went down that same road, in response to me "trying" over and over to make the relationship work. I did what I thought was the right thing I turned around and married someone else I thought was a "great guy". Oh I should add the guy I married I had only dated and been engaged to for 9 months. I too felt every one around me was riding a wedding cloud and I wanted on. Turns out, that was a horrible idea! I came home from work (a business we owned) and he told me he was leaving to become a "professional poker player"! Who does that. To add insult to injury he moved to Atlantic City In New Jersey LOL!! Not even Vegas!! I was crushed! After finally taking some time for myself and getting back to being just me, I met and feel in love with a wonderful man! I have to say after dating a jerk for 10 years and marrying a clown(I tell people he went to join the circus lol) I am in love! True love and I have never experienced this before! Mr. right is out there you WILL met him. Just be you, and love you and he will come!
Post a Comment