Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Going Back to My Roots...

I haven't blogged in so long I almost don't know where to start! To catch up, I'm just going to go with pictures. Here is a picture of me and my roommate/best friend a few weeks ago at a Tractor Pull. For those of you who aren't from the sticks like I am, a tractor pull is a competition where people bring out their tractors and trucks and see who can pull the most weight for a certain length. It's about as country as you can get. I hide it well when I'm in my professional clothes, at my job, and hanging out with my friends from college, but don't be fooled, I am definitely country at my roots. As they say, you can take a girl out of the country...
Yes, that's a camo blanket we are sitting on!

A is the best friend a girl can ask for. We can have fun ANYWHERE, doing ANYTHING, so we made the Tractor Pull a party!

In other news, I'm still seeing the guy I've called "My Mr. Big" on here. Things are going well this time. I'm being cautious this time around so I won't say too much too soon, especially on my blog. I have told my family and some friends I'm seeing him again (well, I guess I may as well have told ALL my friends because I did post some pics of us to facebook, and really, isn't that how everyone finds out everything now days?). Seriously, although I am being cautious, I am over the moon!!

I'm also looking into a business opportunity that I'll post more about later. Another case of not wanting to get overexcited or say too much too soon. I would like to have some "play money" or make some headway on student loans etc.

Now, I have to go get caught up on all my regular blog reads! I feel so out of the loop since I've been taking a break from blogging.

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

4 comments:

USCEmily said...

I did take the event planning class, but Lord knows where that book is! In all the moves I have made, it was probably lost in the process!

midnight macaroons said...

You both look adorable sitting under that camo blanket. My husband intruced me to tractor pulls, mud bogging, and the Waffle House. I remember the first time I stepped inside a Waffle House and asked if they had berries and anything low fat. My husband rolled out of the booth in laughter. This is when I first moved to the South 10 years ago. Now I know better. I've been Southernized (wink). A tractor pull, beer, and some good friends sounds fun.

Hope you have a wonderful week. I'm happy that things are going good with "Mr. Big" and wish you much success in your new business adventure. Keep us posted (crossing my fingers for you).

glamourpuss said...

Hope things work out with Mr. Big! :)

Lisa said...

Love your blog