Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend Recap

This is me and my best this weekend. The Gamecocks lost, but overall it was not a bad weekend at all. We were going to get Chinese Saturday night. Why is it so hard to find decent Chinese food? The place we went to was not much to look at (which is OK with us) and the food was SICK. I mean it was really nasty. I prefer PF Changs (really I would prefer PF Changs in Las Vegas, but we can't have everything we want LOL), but I would be happy with somewhere that didn't make me feel like I was going to come down with food poisoning. Luckily we were able to recover.

Please excuse the very outdated kitchen!

Sunday I met the guy from last Sunday for church again. This weeks message was for women, or more specifically on the characteristics of a woman a Godly man should pursue. This question really stuck out at me from the guide. To give you the context of this question it is a question to ask yourself about the dating relationship you are currently in:

Is this the kind of love God meant when He created Adam and Eve, the kind between two people that truly reflects His love for us (the 1 Corinthians 13 kind), or are you settling for less than God’s “immeasurably more than anything you can ask or imagine”?

It just really made me realize how much I have compromised in the past. I totally settled! Looking back at the way I went about things it is really no surprise how my relationships always crashed and burned (I've only had three boyfriends and all of them cheated on me, which ended all of those relationships {although I wasn't above taking them back later} - and I was devestated each time).

After church we went for coffee again. This time we stayed for almost two hours. The conversation flowed really well and he is super easy to talk to. From what I can tell this is the kind of guy that is few and far between! The kind that really talks the talk and walks the walk. I have only ever met one other guy like this. Freshman year of college I met a guy, G, that was a really strong Christian and ran college cross country. He was really cute too! We went out about two times, but I was on-again off-again with another guy and never gave G my full attention. G also seemed like he wanted to take things slowly and get to know me gradually (and why did I think that was a bad thing?). I had no patience for that! I couldn't really invest in getting to know him because of the on-again off-again guy (that was a huge jerk BTW), because I didn't have any patience for getting to know someone (ahem, stupid? YES), and because I've always been drawn to really "flashy" guys.

This time around I am fine with letting him set the pace and getting to know him slowly. I realise that guys like this are few and far between, after all, that was almost 7 years ago that I went on the two dates with G. I know things will happen in God's time and in the past I always went about things with wrong way-MY way and on MY time frame.

Oh, and you know how this goes girls, when I got in my car after church and coffee I checked my phone and guess who called? My Mr. Big. After close to three months with not a word out of him of course he would call when I'm going to church/having coffee with a guy that is not a weirdo or loser! Of course! Don't ask me how exes always know these things, but they do. They seem to have a radar and they know when you have either met someone or you are doing really good!
My real life Mr. Big is not ever going to come around like the one from S&C did. He is like the old phrase "a leopard never changes it's spots" LOL

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

corkyshell said...

Sounds like a wonderful message at church! Ahhh and I think most ex-boyfriends have a magical power to call whenever you are happy. Granted I haven't had many since I met my hubby so young, but its like a 6th sense or something!

Carrie said...

When I first stated dating my now-husband he told me, "It seems when a girl finally gets into a good relationship she realizes how bad all the other ones were." He wasn't even talking about me, but about one of my friends. But it was true for me too. Good luck with this new guy, he sounds great so far!