
I have to say I am so excited. I have been sleeping like a baby for the past few weeks. It has been so refreshing. I love it. Can't get enough.
I am very excited about the pageant that I will advance to in the spring. I am motivated to do well and have the help, thanks to my awesome director, to have a shot at the crown. The most difficult part here is the $. Pageants aren't cheap. Goodness knows, just living on your own is not cheap. I have been thinking and thinking of what I can do to trim down my budget. I am doing the following:
1. I called the cable company and told them I think cable may be out of my budget for the time being. They offered me a new rate. I will save $15 a month. Not a whole lot, but every little bit helps, and it was paining me to think of getting rid of cable. I do love to have my TV watching time in the evenings.
2. Selling the navy blue formal gown I wore in a pageant. I'm asking $300 or best offer. Hopefully, it will sell soon!! Right now it's online but I may try a consignment store soon.
3. Raised my roommates rent $15. Of course, surprise, surprise....she dosen't have it this month. I told her next month will be OK to begin the increase.
4. I'm not keeping the house as warm as I could. It's still comfortable, just not super warm. I'm hoping I can keep my gas bill down that way.
5. This was NOT smartest, or best decision I could make: I deferred my loan for a year. Again, not the most finacially sound decision. I was paying $100 a month. When the year is up I will be done with pageants and hopefully the economy will be a little better, stuff will be a little cheaper, and maybe I'll have even gotten a raise.
6. I'm trying to build my babysitting clientelling base. Lately the clients I do have havne't needed me much. I'm guessing they are feeling as financially squeezed as I am.
Overall I just really hope things look up for me and that I can continue to pay my bills on time, do a few fun (inexpensive) activities with friends each month (like go to a movie), and get the things I need for the pageant.
On The Playlist
Legs - ZZ Top
No comments:
Post a Comment