Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Day After Election Day

I was less than thrilled with the election results. I went out in voted, so I guess as they say "if you don't vote, don't complain", I've earned my right to complain. I'll spare my readers and just say GOD BLESS AMERICA. We need it.

I don't really see how the economy will improve, but I wish it would. I hope we all can look forward to beter times ahead. I know I really feel how bad the economy is. I've been struggling recently. I never go out to lunch anymore and it's a treat just to be able to afford V8 Splash fruit juice and orange juice. Buying dog food for the two big dogs about puts me out.

Recently I watched one of my favorite movies (one I can watch over and over), Sweet Home Alabama. I love almost anything with Reese in it. She's awesome! A line from the movie stood out to me, mostly because it made me think of my recent ex. Reese's character, Melanie, say: I'm not the love of your life, I'm just the first girl that climbed into the back of your truck".

I'm still out there dating and it's still something else. Not good or bad, I guess, just new. Both relationships I have had in my past moved very, very fast. Now I guess I know why they say "fools rush in" . This time around I've been taking it real, real slow, with everyone. I met a really nice guy, we'll call him George. We met at a dog park for the first time and had a nice time hanging out with our dogs. The second date was too a swanky restaurant, and the third date was dinner and a haunted house. He was nice, conversation was good, he had very good manners (opened all doors, so forth) which is extremely important to me. I still can't really think of a reason to see him again, however. Just because someone is a nice person and seems like they would treat you well isn't a reason to see more of them, at least not to my thinking. I'm looking for all that, plus more. By more I mean a strong physical attraction, chemistry, education, and goals. I think George is a great guy, just not for me. Better luck next time!

On The Playlist
Can't Help Falling in Love (Fools Rush In) - Elvis Presley

No comments: