I have been thinking a lot recently about dating and expectations. I think I always had a lot of expectations about where my relationships were headed with my two previous boyfriends. I think men don't like to feel like there are expectations put on them. While in the past I migt have frowned on this, or just plain not understood it, I now understand it completely. I was seeing someone recently (I blogged earlier about how his time was up) and I felt like really early on he had expectations of me. I didn't like it. He was really nice and when he sent me an email last week asking why I went MIA I did feel poorly and thought maybe I should have taken my guy friend C's advice and warned him that his time had expired. The reason I didn't make any move to inform him of my decision was because we had only gone on three dates. Men do this to women all the time, so I see no reason why I shouldn't go MIA on a guy if he dosen't strike my fancy. Anyways, after I got his email I did respond with a short one saying that I thought he was really nice but wasn't really that into dating right now. I have become a lot like a guy in my thinking. I don't want to be tied down to anyone, I always think that there might be something better out there, ane I don't want a lot of expectations put on me. In turn, I don't have a lot of expectations for someone that I see. I got burned so badly in my last relationship that I can't take another dissapointment, hence the lack of expectations. I just want a guy to go out with occasionally (read: when it's convenient for my schedule), have fun with, do fun stuff with (concerts, sporting events, ect...not boom boom...that's for a committed relationship), and maybe buy me some stuff (but not expect anything in return expect the occasional pleasure of my company). I have always been the girliest girlie-girl, especially concerning relationships, but after the disaster of my last relationship, I've become one of the guys....
If I Were A Boy - Beyonce
No comments:
Post a Comment