My wallet does NOT love it!
I will admit I have been a little OOC lately.
HOWEVER, I feel somewhat justified in this because:
1. It's a new season-new season always calls for new clothes (yay for fall!)
and more importantly
2. I didn't make a ton of money at my old job, and therefore just didn't have it to shop with.
Taking a salary cut when I took that job meant that when stuff wore out/broke, etc., I usually just did without. Case in point, a camera. I had a camera I bought when I was at my first job out of college, when it broke, I went for about 1 year and a 1/2 with no camera until getting one as a gift for my birthday this year.
Yes, this totally falls in the cateogory of #firstworldproblems, and I shouldn't complain, but it still wasn't fun!
Now that I'm in a better situation (and *very* grateful to be), I've been working on beefing up my fall wardrobe and get a few extras I've wanted for a long time.
This is my BIG splurge. This is NOT my reality, not how I shop normally, and it will be a long time before I allow myself a luxury like this again.
Burberry Giant Check Cashmere Scarf (ordered online from Nordstrom)
I had to try it on this morning, although I changed before work. I can't wait unitl it's cold enough to wear it. Hurry up, fall!
Most of my other fall clothes are from Victoria's Secret. They had the FALL12 discount (good until the end of today!) so I took advantage and stocked up. Two things I got:
Christie pants for work.
Picked up this hoodie for tailgating at my first Iowa football game at the end of this month.
My other "gift to self" is the Clarisonic. I almost held off on this purchase, but I looked back at this blog and I wrote about wanting one July 2011. I decided that I'd go ahead since I've wanted one for that long. I can't wait to try it out!
My next purchase is going to be a GOOD vacuum. It is much needed at our house, especially with a German Shepherd puppy on his way. I like the Dyson Animal. I probably won't pony up for this until at least next month, or whenever I can get over that pricetag for a vacuum.
It's almost five, so I'm out! Hugs!





2 comments:
We got a new vacuum last year, and I did all sorts of research. I kept reading how much people liked the Shark vacuum even better than the Dyson and for a fraction of the price. I absolutely LOVE IT! The first time I vacuumed I was amazed and grossed out by how much dirt it pulled from the carpet...carpet I vacuumed on a frequent basis. So, if you want to save, check it out and read the reviews!
I love your new Burberry Scarf. Nothing beats Cashmere wrapped around your neck on a cool crsip autumn day. I can totally relate to how you feel right now. When we started making more money I began buying all those things that I went without for so long. It's no fun living on a tight string budget. One for the first things I purchased was a new vacuum too :) Congrats and happy vacuuming.
Gigi
Post a Comment