Monday, September 10, 2012

Award




I received the Liebester Award from my bloggie friend Gigi over at Magnolias n' Blues. Magnolias n' Blues is one of my favorite blog reads. Seriously, Gigi has exquisite taste. She's not from the South originally, but she is such a lady and she's acclimated pretty well!
 
Here are the rules:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. Remember, no tag backs! 1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
6. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
7. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
8. Go to their page and tell them.
9. Remember, no tag backs!
11 Facts about me
 
1. All I want to wear lately, when I'm not at work, is Norts. They are SO comfortable. I don't think they're unattractive. My boyfriend thinks they are hideous. I mean, come on, even my homegirl/pretend BFF Jessica Simpson wears them!  
 
 
 

2. We are getting a second dog at the end of next month. At first I wasn't in love with the idea, but now I cannot wait to get the fuzzy little guy.


  3.  The new dog will be named Yadi, after the baseball player Yadier Molina. #GoCardinals
He begins puppy kindgarden on November 6th. This is some stuff I've been picking up for him here and there.


4. I met one of my best friends, Benson, in theatre appreciation class in college. I mentioned something about pageants and he heard me. We spent the rest of that day together and I got a best friend for life!

5.  I was the Hampton Co. Watermelon Queen. People still give me watermelon stuff all the time (aprons, salt and pepper shakers...). Out of all the pageants I ever did, if I had to pick a favorite, that would probably be it.

6. I need to (with his permission, of course) do a post officially introducing my boyfriend to my blog. After all, we've been dating for over a year now.

7.  While I'm on the subject of my boyfriend, I was raised pretty conservatively (and in church), and always said I would never live with someone before marriage. I've been living with my boyfriend for about two or three months now. It's just more convenient at this stage of life, and works well for us.

8. My Mom is one of my best friends and we talk on the phone every day.

9. I am already seeing how challenging it is to be an adult student. It's HARD. However, if I can finish this program, I can easily double my salary when I finish. My new career will be in the healthcare field.

10. I L-O-V-E snow. Love it. I love how everything is so peaceful and you're forced to stay home and relax (which I could use, see #9). This year is supposed to be more of a "real" winter in the South. I say bring it on!!

11.  My Grandfather was a pilot, and I travel a good bit, but I am so scared of flying. It seems like no matter how often I do it, it never gets easier for me. Exactly the opposite has happened-I've had a few bad flights and it has made the anxiety worse!


QUESTIONS Gigi ASKED ME


1) What is you favorite drugstore beauty product?
Essie Nail Polish, John Frieda Dream Curls, and other than that I try to find brands like Philosophy on sale.
2) What was your favorite school supply as a kid?
Anything Lisa Frank, of course!!
3) What is your favorite local restaurant or bakery?
Copper River, Miyos, and The Gourmet Shop
4) What is your favorite music artist or band?
I love Tom Petty, Eric Church, Reba, and I've always loved Elvis Costello.

5) What is your favorite clothing store?
I bargain shop at Marshalls and Ross a lot. I also love Red Dress Boutique from Athens, GA. I've done a lot of ordering from them this summer. I'm also digging Victoria's Secret clothing this fall.
6) What was your favorite toy as a kid?
Barbie
7) What magazines do you subscribe to?
InStyle. I want to start getting Vanity Fair.
8) What is your favorite drink?
Sweet Tea
9) What is your favorite season and why?
Growing up I always loved summer the best. Flip flops, bare feet, and no school. As an adult I've started to really love fall. Football season, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and cooler temps.
10) What was the name of your first pet?
My first pet was a Scottish Terrier named Rosie.

11) What is your dream vacation?
I really want to go to Bora Bora or Fiji.
 

Thank you, Gigi!!

I want to pass this award on to Megan from Sky High Heels and Sweatpants Too!! I'm going to copy Gigi and keep the questions the same.
 

1 comment:

Megan at Megan Can said...

Thanks girl for the reward!!