Monday, March 5, 2012

Furniture Shopping

Monday is here upon us once again, and again it's just too soon for my liking. I thought I would never be able to get out of my bed this morning!

My boyfriend is moving to Columbia (yay!) and we've been furniture shopping for him. My thing is to find the stuffed animal in every furniture store.

I am beyond happy about the move! And if I'm being 100% honest, I am a little scared too. We've been long distance since we met in June, and while I'm thrilled that he will be around more (although not too much given his work schedule), I also hope that being in the same city doesn't cause anything to change. It's almost as if since we don't see each other except for weekends, the "new" feeling or infatuation stage of the relationship has been prolonged.

We're trying to find some affordable, tasteful, and masculine furniture that will go with the style of his new house (which I would describe as traditional and classic, although for some reason the colors in his granite reminds me of a Tuscan villa). Easier said than done. I think we've been to every furniture store in a tri-state area now.

I love the stuff in the Sundance catalog for him, just not the price tag.

Feel free to send any suggestions for furniture stores my way! I know everyone says Whit-Ash is the nicest in Columbia, and I love to go in there (to look at their jewelry), but I spent the money I got as a gift from my Step-Dad when I graduated college on a bed (headboard/footboard) there and I have not been very pleased w/ the way it's held up. It was on clearance and I've heard good things about all their other merchandise, so maybe I just got a bad egg!

Let's hope this Monday goes by quickly!


No comments: