Today I've had a very very heavy heart. To the point where I've had difficulty concentrating on work. My Mom worked with a woman for many years. Late Friday night, this woman's daughter struck and killed a pedestrian. The daughter was charged with a felony DUI (I think the newspaper wrote it as "driving under the influence in an accident involving death").
I'm not posting this to be a gossip, I'm just very saddened by the incident. Maybe I'm too thin skinned or emotional, but it just makes me so sad. All day long I've kept imaging how awful it would be to know that your actions led to your being held responsible in someone's death. To have to live with that knowledge the rest of your life. In my opinion, and I think most people would agree with me, living with that would be worse than any jail sentence.
Like I said, it's not my intent to write about this to gossip (I've tried to purposely omit details), I'm not even sure I should be posting about something as serious and personal as the death of someone I don't even know. I've just had an extremely heavy heart all day thinking about BOTH families involved.
It never fails to amaze me how quickly life can change. This definitely makes me want to be a more careful driver. And keep both families in my prayers.
Tomorrow I'll be back with regular posting...
1 comment:
I don't think of you as being a gossip at all. It's one thing to read about it in the paper or see on the news but when you actually know the parties involved it's a big shock. It makes things more real. I hate to hear that someone had to lose their life to drinking and driving and another life being turned upside down because of it. It's such a sad situation.
Post a Comment