Monday, February 8, 2010

So Much News, So Little Time

I have several posts so I am just going to break it down into a bulleted list for you.

1. I am single again. Surprisingly I don't really care. If someone can't appreciate a good thing, too bad for them! I did really really like this one, but oh well!

2. I at least broke the streak I had been on, which was a three date maximum. Before this fella (who I dated for five weeks) the most I had seen someone in the year + I've been single was for a third date.

3. This brings me to a good point. I have set a few rules for myself. NO more dating any DJs, people with the same name as my ex-boyfriend (for whatever reason me and guys w/ this name are just a bad combination!), or guys that look like the cast of Jersey Shore! No more I say!

4. Moving was AWFUL!! Of course A and I had to BOTH become single just before a huge move. OK I say a huge move when we really only moved a few miles away, nothing like some friends I've had move cross country, but still. Moving is never easy, right? We had NO help! We just had ourselves.

5. Our last day of moving, yesterday, was the worst! We were in a rush to beat the clock because our landlord was coming at 6 PM to look at our place, get the keys, and give us back our deposit. Let me tell you, after the fees we paid to move into our new place, we were foaming at the mouth to get our deposit back. We worked as fast as we could. We ended up in total desperation to get everything done. We threw away stuff to avoid having to move it! We used any excuse we could to throw things out....pots or pans withe the Teflon scratched - OUT! Towels and sheets that had a stain or bleach spot on them - GONE! Our last load in my car was so overpacked that I had to drive with A sitting on my lap! I know we must have been a sight to see!

6. I feel like I may never get unpacked or organized again! Our condo is total chaos - I am talking we were getting so tired and had to work today so we put anything anywhere. We probably have dishes in the patio and in the bathtub.

7. The new place itself is gorgeous!! It feels very deco and urban. I feel like we are in Miami or somewhere more exciting than where we live. I think once we finally get unpacked we are going to be very happy! I am very much looking forward to that.

I have not been keeping up with blogging much so now I have to go get caught up on all your blogs!

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

Congrats on the new condo!
Sorry about being single again, but you seem okay with it!
Stick with the rules in #3 and you will find what you are looking for. And when you least expect it! I promise. I met my husband when I was down in the dumps about my ex and I breaking up.
Thanks for commenting on my blog, I am selling the DY bracelet b/c
1. I never wear it and 2. there is another DY bracelet I now cannot live without..haha!
Have a great day!

Tara Gibson said...

congrats on the new place! moving does suck, but moving to a nice clean space is always fun!

Girl you will find a man that appreciates you! Dont settle!