I have had my 2002 Cavalier for a long long time and let me tell you, it is TIME for a new car. This car has been the BEST! She has been extremely reliable. I got her when I was a teenager and she has been worth every penny my Granddaddy paid for her. She has made many many trips to Myrtle Beach full of girls, has gotten full of sand, dirt, has been driven to Florida, used to haul kids around when I've babysat, eaten in, spilled on, and who even knows what other calamities! This car has a stained interior, peeling paint, dings and dents and I am so sick of driving it! Beyond sick really. It has almost 200,000 miles on it and lately seems like it is barely going to run to get me to work and back. I have mixed emotions about parting ways with this car. On one hand I am desperate to have something new and on the other hand I am sad to see her go.
I am also super super nervous about financing and paying for a new car. I have a great job and I love my work, I could not ask for a more pleasant work environment, but I don't make a ton of money. I am just really stressing how this is all going to work out tomorrow. I really really want to buy my dream car, a Ford Mustang tomorrow. We will see what happens!
I want a 5th generation (one of the new 'Stangs for those not familiar) when I get a car tomorrow. I know a good bit about cars and classic cars and such from ex-boyfriends. I think I have a little tom boy in me after all. Isn't this classic Mustang beautiful?

I will (hopefully, b/c like I said have A LOT of anxiety over the purchase and financing of a car) post a pic of the new car soon!
I am praying I can find the right car at the right price and reminding myself "all things work for good."
Romans 8:28 (NIV)
28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,and who have been called according to his purpose.
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
3 comments:
Good luck with the car buying process- I know it can be stressful, but I'm sure you'll find something that you LOVE! Can't wait to see pictures!
You'll be fine. I was soooo stressed when I bought my first car on my own, LEMME TELL YA! At first the payment seems a lot, but you can get them down to a lower price- if it's not what you wana pay you just tell them..Nope. Sorry. I can only pay "this or this"- trust me, they'll come down because they want a sale.
I got my now car payment down 70 bucks from the original payment they said they could get me.
Good luck :-)
good luck with the new car! It can be exciting and nerve wracking! I hope you find your dream car!
Post a Comment