I don't know what has been wrong with me lately. I've been greedy, greedy, greedy! I have champagne taste on a beer budget for sure. It's about time to get rid of my old car that I've had since I was a teenager, and I've been wanting a Mustang so bad I can taste it. I went and test drove one. It's pricetag was almost what I make in a year!

My grandparents insist that I only buy a brand new car (and they are making the down payment so I'm pretty much stuck doing what they want). The only problem is I don't think I can afford payments on anything I want! And I have a hard time paying for something every month if I don't want it in the first place.
It's all very frustrating. I mean, I work so I can have money, right? BUT I never have any! At least not for big things like a car. It's not like I work b/c I'm crazy about my job or I just get that much satisfaction out of it. NO, I work for the paycheck and that paycheck doesn't go very far! I know I'm whining, complaining, feeling sorry for myself, being a brat....but it's just frustrating to work, work HARD even, and not earn enough for nice things. I get up at 6:30 every day and work all day long, spending more time at work than at home, and I just want to be able to afford something nice. It's not like I'm lazy and expect Mom to buy me something nice, I want to buy my own things (as I should at 25) and it just hurts to not make enough $!!
How do you have more money? I've heard the only answer to this is to earn more or spend less. How would I earn more? All I've ever been (in the two years I've been out of college) is an administrative assistant. Not exactly the field to be in if you have champagne taste. What then, is?
I already babysit evenings/weekends on the side for extra money, but I just don't have enough for nice things, like a car that I want (I haven't even thought of buying a house, it seems like I'll be renting forever). I've gotten so overwhelmed that for the meantime I'm just going to hope my car holds out. I'm hoping if I take it easy on it, no road trips, and really baby it, I can squeeze another year or two out of it until I have found a way to have more money.
My friends always ask if they can go to the gym with me. Supposedly I'm great at working out and really kill people when they go to the gym with me. I'm thinking of trying to get certified as a personal trainer and maybe try to do that in the evenings after work. I think that sounds like a fun way to get some extra income. I think I'm going to look into that soon.
How do people with nice things afford them?
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
1 comment:
I'm with you! I never have enough money, it seems. State jobs just do not pay well, do they? I get tired of people saying, "But you have great benefits!" Maybe so if I went to the doctor ever, but the only doctors I go to aren't covered by my insurance so that great benefit argument doesn't really make me feel better.
If you find a way to make more money, let me know!
Post a Comment