Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fall Fashion Inspiration

Right now I'm loving Guess Marciano's advertisements. I love Emily DiDonato. What a beautiful girl. I love seeing so many burnettes in ads these days. I've always always wanted to be blonde and until a few years ago there were not as many burnettes in ads. I'm loving the Mad Men (I'm super excited about season 3) inspired red lips and hot rolled hair that is big for fall.

As a matter of fact, this is how I'm wearing my hair today. I use hot rollers to get this look. I roll my bangs going forward and the rest of my head going backwards. I have a lot of hair, but it is superfine which can make it tricky to work with. I leave the rollers in for about 15 minutes followed by a good spray from my trusty Sabastian ReSharper. Tonight I have to go to a work party at the Capital City Club and then jet over to meet A for a bridal shower so I had to do something special.

I've always loved Tinsley Mortimer. I think her style is precious. I love feminine clothes.

And let's not forget who's really behind this adorable look. Eloise! I love the Eloise books. In fact, Ricky's sister that lives at my Mom's house is named Eloise. Ricky is my cat BTW.
This is me and A rocking big hair and serious lipstick for an 80s party a few weeks ago. My hairbow is real vintage, from elementry school. It was still in our hall closet, where it's been for about 15 years now.
I got this demin jacket from JCrew about 7 years ago. I love it. It had been pushed to the back of my closet until I dug it out for this 80s party. I'm going to wear it this fall, just not with jeans. Demin on demin is a heinous fashion crime!

There are more fall fashions I'm loving, but I'll save them for another day.

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Bronzed Beauty said...

The hair & makeup for the Marciano campaign ad's always looks great!

I also agree with you on the offensive denim-on-denim look. I totally hate it. Good luck @ your prelim. Did you watch Miss Universe last night?

Bronzed Beauty said...

I left something for you on my blog!