Life has been so BUSY that I've totally neglected the blog. I've been at my new job for about a week now and I'm settling in. Everyone here is really nice. I won't lie, I've been a little overwhelmed with the workload, this department is a lot higher volume than where I came from. I don't have downtime at work anymore, hence the lack of posts. Right now I'm posting on my lunch break.
Getting up at 6:30 (because it takes me an eternity to get ready) has been kicking my hiney! I used to get up at 7 to be at my old job at 9 and losing 30 minutes of sleep has been rough on me. I've been trying to go to bed earlier, but so far haven't been sucessful except for one night. I have to be at my new job at 8:30, but I know that I was spoiled at my old job and most people have been working 8:30 to 5 all along. Overall, I'm really liking the new job and it's great! I'm very grateful to have a job at all.
I met a guy recently and went on a date so I'll entertain you with that story. I have been saying for a long time now that I'm ready for a good guy and I just haven't been meeting good guys. I've pretty much said forget about guys and have been just doing my thing. I met this guy when I was out with A (my roommate) and one of our freinds from college. We were at a sushi bar and when I got up to use the bathroom this guy started a conversation with me. He and his friends seemed really nice and we talked for awhile. He asked for my number and I gave it to him. He sent a text that night to say it was nice to meet me.
A few nights later we went on our first date. We went to the Blue Marlin, which you know has AWESOME food if you live in Columbia. I love it. The beginning of the date was OK, however as evening went on I began to notice some things that were not OK with me. The biggest thing was how he treated the waitstaff. I waitressed for years and I know how hard that job can be. I find talking down to servers to be inexcusable. After the server took our order, she had to come back to the table and tell us that they were out of some things. Yes, that's annoying if you were looking forward to a specific dish, but it happens. Restaurants get busy and run out of things! Be a grownup about it, I mean, it wasn't her fault. I nicely told him as much (just the part that it wasn't her fault). I felt bad for the server and embarassed to be with someone who talks down to waitstaff. He called and sent a text afterwards that I haven't responded to and that was several days ago and I haven't heard from him again so I guess he got the picture.
I have been thinking a lot about an old teenage flame lately (racecar guy if you've read my blog for awhile) so I gave him a call last weekend just to see what he's been up to. He seemed very pleasantly surprised to hear from me (he hasn't had my # in years because I dated Dumb Dumb for 5 years). He and I have known each other since we were children. The last time he and I saw each other I was 21 and I'm 25 now, so it's been awhile. He is coming down here this weekend and we are going on a date. I'm really excited to see him!!! I'm nervous too. When we were dating before he could be a real jerk. So, I'm going to keep my eyes and ears open and we'll see if there is a second date. I'm interested to see if he grew up and grew out of some of the things he used to do that rubbed me the wrong way. I mean, teenage guys are going to be immature, because they are teenage guys, right? He and I have always had A LOT of chemistry and always really really liked each other. We both grew up on small farms and love riding horses. We used to do a lot of fun stuff like go out on the lake and ride jetskis. We used to sit in his parents basement a lot and listen to the radio too (and kiss a lot). There was a lot of fussing and arguing in there as well, so you can understand my hesitation. But hey, it's just one dinner! I'll post an update (and maybe even pictures as well).
Now I'm going to take the rest of my lunch break to go get caught up on all of your blogs!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
No comments:
Post a Comment