Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Post Paradise Brain Dump

1. St. John was AMAZING! It was so beautiful that it was breathtaking. The snorkeling was great all over the island. Everyone in our group saw a huge spiny lobster snorkeling near Trunk Bay around sunset one day. Everyone else saw a shark. As for me, well, when I heard SHARK I was OUT!

The view from our house in Rendezvous Bay.

2. We took a booze cruise that was legit. The booze cruise took us to Virgin Gorda (we saw where Tyra Banks shot her Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Cover in The Baths), Pusser's, and Jost Van Dyke. The Soggy Dollar on Jost Van Dyke is hands down one of the coolest places I've EVER been in my entire life. 


My key chain from The Soggy Dollar. It says, "A sunny place for shady people". 
We met people from all over at The Soggy Dollar.If you ever get a chance to go to the Virgin Islands, GO!


3. The wedding we attended on Monday evening was one of the best weddings I've ever been to. Just look at the beautiful scenery! That's me in my coral Jessica Simpson dress on the right hand side. 



 4. We made friends with some darling wild donkeys. I wanted to take one home with me so badly. Especially one with a cut on his shoulder. As an animal lover I can't stand to see an animal hurt (that's him in the pic below). I fed them oranges and beer. They made such an impression on me that we ended up coming home with the Pandora donkey charm for my Pandora bracelet. 




5. The only bad thing I have to report about USVI is that everything is HELLA expensive. OUCH. As in, a Margarita and Ahi Tuna Tacos for lunch one day was $45. That was just what I ordered, not including my boyfriend's meal. Needless to say, I need to think of something REALLY nice to do for him to show my appreciation!! His birthday is coming up in July so that's on my radar as well. 

Happy Hump Day Everyone!



4 comments:

Kate said...

Our my St Thomas wedding my husband and I stayed at the Soggy Dollar beach huts for 4 nights before we actually went on our real honeymoon. Jost Van Dyke was to decompress from wedding madness. Looks like a great trip!

Carrie said...

Wow, it looks beautiful there! I'm glad you had a good time! Nick and I went on a booze cruise on our honeymoon and it was a blast!

Jenny said...

OUCH! $45 for your meal alone? Yikes eek!!! lol

BUT everything looks beautiful there! You looked super cute, my dear :) Loved the coral dress and necklace- from what I see of it :)

midnight macaroons said...

Happy to hear that you loved your tropical vacay. Sounds like a lot of fun. Cute pictures. :)

Hugs,
Gigi