Thursday, May 31, 2012

Brain Dump Post

Yay for Thursday! I can see the end of the week from here.

1. We have orientation tomorrow for incoming freshman at my work and I've been saving my {one and only} Michael Kors dress to wear. I think it's only appropriate since the dress is black and garnet. I'm looking forward to it. Do you "save" your best outfits to wear for an occasion?

2. Speaking of outfits, I seem to be really low on work clothes. MUST go shopping SOON. I don't know how this happens to me every time the season changes, but somehow it does. I need a major wardrobe refreshing.  

3. Fleas are seriously the worst I've ever seen them this year. In the past two weeks Trinket has gotten an application of Frontline AND when that didn't work, an application of Advantix. And I'm STILL seeing fleas. Whiskey Tango Foxtrot? Anyone else having problems with fleas, even after using the expensive flea prevention?

4. I beleive in buying a small gift for yourself each pay day to reward yourself for working the past two weeks. I learned this from a lady I used to work w/ named Ms. Connie. This pay day I got the 2nd Christian Grey book from Amazon. It should be here by the 5th. CANNOT. WAIT.

5. I finished the newest Sookie book, Deadlocked and it may be the best one yet. I couldn't put it down. I'm Team Bill all the way.


6. We've been so busy since our St. John trip...wrapping things up at my old job, starting a new job, going out of town for Memorial Day (and rushing back Sunday since I had to work Monday). We have a wedding reception in NC to attend next weekend so this weekend I want to do nothing but stay home and relax. I've been so tired all week.

7. I have some new plants waiting on me at home after work today. Thank you, Nick!


 
Have a good afternoon!

1 comment:

Magnolia Blues said...

1.) I totally save outfits for a special occassion. I have a dress that I've been waiting to wear for my Bday next week. We are heading down to New Orleans.

2.) I think sometimes that I'm totally ready for the next season and when it finally arrives I find that I need things. I'm still trying to figure this out.

3.) I don't have a dog but my neighbor has a little white pooch and says she has been having trouble with fleas this year too. We didn't get much of a winter so I think fleas, insects, snakes, and mosquitoes are going to be bad this summer.

4.) I totally agree about rewarding yourself. I like to reward myself with a new nail polish and pedi/mani. Something about having pedi with a new polish makes me feel like a million bucks.

5.) I love True Blood. Give me a good Sookie book anytime. I'll have to pick this one up.

6.) I feel the same way about doing nothing. Nothing can be one of those fabulous weekends.

7.) I love to garden too! You can be my new gardening BFF, HA!