Thursday, February 24, 2011

Better Than Expected

I am very pleased to report that meeting boyfriend's little boy went better than expected!! Thank you for your words of wisdom, ladies! I'm ALL smiles about it. He is a PRECIOUS little boy. I just knew he would be, and he is!

Saturday we ended up going to Chuck E Cheese with boyfriend's kid and the little boy of one of our good friends (who I ADORE-seriously, he was holding onto me like a little spider monkey). The two boys played well together and I felt like the first meeting went really well overall. Sunday we all went to church together and then made a bon fire and roasted marshemellows. Little boys have A LOT of energy!! OH my! I am OK w/ it though...I understand that boyfriend and his kid are a package deal.I think they are a pretty awesome package :-)

I also met Little Boy's Mom and her fiance. Nervous? YES! SO nervous I didn't want to get out of the car! I didn't let on, but believe me, it was a nerve wracking situation. I'm not sure exactly WHY it made me nervous...I mean, I've been on stage, in a bikini no less, in front of hundreds of pple (former pageant girl), I've been skydiving...WHY I was nervous to meet her I have no idea, but I was. I was woman enough to get out of the car and shake her hand and say "nice to meet you". She was very nice and the meeting was pretty brief. Totally understandable that she would want to meet me, I mean, I'm spending time around her child. I'm just glad that's out of the way now!

Random but, I've been seeing EASTER candy in the stores now and that makes me SO excited! Does anyone else just LOVE Easter?

XOXO

3 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

Glad the first meeting went well! And kudos to you for having the courage to meet his mom!!!

I'm completely excited about Easter but wish it wasn't so late this year. NO Cadbury Mini-eggs till Easter, I MUST hold off!!

midnight macaroons said...

I'm so happy to hear such a good report. I can't imagine that little boy not loving you. You are pretty great. And I can understand how uncomfortable that must have been for you to meet the EX. However, I'm almost positive that she was just as nervous to meet you. I mean, you are literally a beauty queen.:) Hopefully she is in a good place and wants the best for her baby boy and sees you as a good role model. Both my parents were previously married and had children. The parents and ex spouses (and their spouses) seemed to all get along enough for the kids. Our family became huge with extended family. It's nice when everyone gets along.

Yes, I'm excited about Easter. I love Easter!!! My favorite candy is Heavenly Hash. It's soooo good but hard to find.

midnight macaroons said...

That would be an awesome Halloween costume. You must go as a sexy Marie Antionette next year. Too cute!!!

I finally finished reading "The Help." I thought it was just ok. I thought it started off slow but by midway I really got into the characters. I thought the ending was really weak. Like the author was trying to rush it. I didn't like the ending at all. I think she could have really made the story more interesting if she focused more on Skeeter. There was a lot that could have been taken out of the story that didn't serve a purpose. What did you think?