Tomorrow is my big day! I must remember to 1) Be more peppy and enthused 2) Connect with the judges more and 3) Don't do anything weird with my left pinkie (Damn that pinkie!) Other than that I don't have much to say because I have so much on my mind and so much to do to prepare. So, in the spirit of pageants, I will leave you with this:
One of the best known "losers" at the Miss America Pageant, Delta competed as Miss Florida in the 1974 contest. She failed to make the top ten after performing her British dramatic recital about soon-to-be-executed Queen Anne Boleyn, with a Southern accent.
Later, she trademarked the role of former beauty queen as Suzanne Sugarbaker on the hit series, Designing Women, and starred in Filthy Rich and Love and Curses and All That Jazz.
Delta's other pageant titles included Miss Florida Flame, Miss Veteran's Day, Miss Orlando Action Princess, and Miss All-American Girl.
No comments:
Post a Comment