I have returned from a long and wild work week in Atlanta. Our class of 2008 graduated and the ceremony was really, really nice. We had a reception immediately following and it turned out really nice as well. The food was to die for. Chocolate covered strawberries, cheesesticks, coconut shrimp, shrimp cocktial, cheese and crackrs, fruit, and more desserts (and more food I forgot to mention I'm sure). There was a pasta action station that looked really good but sadly I was making sure everyone got on their shuttle to the airport so I didn't have a chance to try it out.
There were several favorites in this group of scholars. I was sad to see them go and was inspired by them. I really am blessed with an amazing job.
I celebrated the end of the week (and year...we don't go back to ATL until January) with my friend Joy that lives in Atanta. She is a friend from home and we've been friends for years, although it has been ages since we had seen each other. We had so much fun, it's always good to catch up with old friends, especially over a few glasses of wine. All I will say about the wine is that I had the worst hangover I've had in probably 5 or 6 years. Ouch.
On another note.....this blog is very private and very cryptic so I write what I want to without having to censor too much. To this tune, I do not feel any sympathy for a person that is in their 30s and still continues to think of themselves as a victim and take no responsibility for their actions. When you do something you have to face the consequences. I have made poor decisions and had to face the repurcussions before. At some point you have to realize that it's not everyone else's fault....you are an adult and you made this decision. No one made you do this. Me choosing to go my own separate way is a consequence to YOUR ACTIONS not something I did because I am so cold hearted.
On The Playlsit
Not Ready to Make Nice - The Dixie Chicks
No comments:
Post a Comment