The major dissapointment over the holidays was that the new guy gave me NOTHING for Christmas. Since we've been out I was expecting SOMETHING. Not something big, or expensive, espeically since we haven't gone out for very long, but still, SOMETHING. It's a major turn off to me (especially since I sent a small and funny little gag gift to him for his b-day) to not get a gift for Christmas. SO, don't think I'll be seeing him anymore.
Anyways, other than that the holidays were great and I got a real dream come true, it snowed on Christmas!! And it's always great to spend time w/ family.
SO, The Bachelor. First let me say I was VERY surprised that ABC brought Brad back. I was not excited about it at first. Big surprise, I think he's a commitment phobe, just like everyone else does! However, my skepticism has worn off and I think he's about the same as any other bachelor now. Although this sounds WAY cheesy, I can relate to his relationship difficulties due to having an absent father that went MIA for years at a time growing up. Although we have to be responsible for our own actions and happiness (I hate a victim mentality), I might be willing to cut Brad some slack on that one.
OK so enough of the psycho analyzing (can you tell one of my good friends is a PhD in Psychology? LOL) and on to the contestants!!
Let's begin w/ the heinous club kid wild platform heels. They were AWFUL! I don't think Brad was digging but he had to comment on them, I mean, how could you not?
I'm also way weirded out by Madison. The vampire girl. I guess the vampire thing is her "gimmick". It reminds of me of one time when my girlfriends and I were cruising The Strip in Myrtle Beach in high school and we met a guy in a Tigger costume in traffic. Tigger was his gimmick for getting girls, I guess, just like Madison and her vampire teeth. They were fake, right?! WEIRDO!
My FAVORITE so far is Emily. She's a sweet Southern Belle, a single mom, and just seems like a really nice girl. I also think she's one of the prettiest contestants this season. Her story of her first boyfriend being the only person she's ever fallen in love w/ and being a racecar driver TOTALLY reminded me of myself. My first boyfriend and the only guy I've ever been CRAZY in love w/ was a racecar driver. I was sad to hear that her story ended tragically and that's so sweet about how she has the little girl. Most girls I know that are single moms are very mature so that is probably going to be the case w/ Emily. She's my favorite right now.

My other favorite is the Radio City Rockette, Keltie. She's one of my favorite choreographers. I'm also dying to get her book, I think it was just released. I think she's really cool. I'm not sure if she's the best match for Brad, but I think she rocks so we'll see how the season goes and then maybe I'll have more of an opinion about her and Brad being suited for each other.

I'm not reading any spoilers and I think this season is going to be CRAZY! I can't wait to go read some of yalls blogs about it!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen
3 comments:
Emily is at the top of my list as well. I love that show, and I too am staying away from spoilers this season. :)
I understand your disappointment about your new guy not getting you anything for Christmas. I bet he was debating about it all month. I would tell him that you were disappointed and expected a little gift. Did you give him a Christmas gift? I think you're totally justified being upset, but it might not be something to end a relationship over, especially since you were so excited about him and he seemed so great!
Bummer about the new guy. Sometimes guys are so lame when it comes to those things. It's like they just don't think. Did you get him anything for Christmas? If you do decide to continue seeing him later down the road you can tell him how hurt you were. From then on he'd NEVER forget again. He would probably try to make it up to you. I told my husband once something he did that hurt my feelings when we were first dating. 9 years later he goes overboard to make it up to me.
After living in New Orleans I'm so not into vampire anything. The Anne Rice craze was enough for me and that was sometime ago. Way before Twilight or True Blood. So I hope Vamp doesn't get picked.
I was given a blog award and I'm passing it onto you for having a fabulous blog.
Post a Comment