Thursday, December 16, 2010

How I Met The New Guy-or Why Mom's Always Right....

OK ladies...one of you asked me who The New Guy is and how he came to be. I'll try to tell this story in a coherent manner.

When my Mom was young-about 16 or 17-she kept New Guy in the church nursery at our church (then First Baptist in our town - kind of funny, we went to 2nd Baptist for about 13 years and switched back to 1st Baptist in about 2003 - w/ the exception of my Mom, who is now another demonination then the rest of my family {and yes, that bugs me a little bit}). So, my whole family knows New Guys family from church originally. His family also switched churches and goes to another Baptist Church in a bigger town close by, so we don't go to the same church anymore.

Add to that, my whole life his Dad has been my dentist.

SO, about a year and a half ago I go in to get some fillings and the New Guy is now working in his Dad's office (which would be temporary as he moved to another state after this). He did some work on my teeth and I thought we were flirting :-). Of course, I told my Mom about the flirting and told her how ADORABLE I thought he was.

About six months after that my Mom and I were having lunch w/ her friend. She said "Tell us again what you said about your dentist" so I said how I think he's so cute and seems like he has a good personality too. Well, my Mom was making me say that because (unknown to me) her friend is New Guys cousin. We all had a laugh about me thinking he's cute and finished lunch.

I didn't really think much more about him. As you who read my blog know, I've dated a few other pple this year, and they've come and gone...

SO this year in about October when I was dating Older Guy (who my Mom was NOT a fan of), New Guy (I also call him Dentist) is back from another state and working in his Dad's practice again. My Mom and her friend get to talking and decide to set me and him up on a date now that he's back in SC.

I was still seeing Older Guy and I was NOT game for a MOM setup. I don't like setups anyways (people that don't even know me try to set me up. W/out me even indicating that I would be interested in a set up!). As all of you recall, Older Guy turned out to be way too argumentative for this laid back belle, so that bit the dust. My Mom insisted that I would really like the Dentist and have fun w/ him. So, I gave in and said OK and her friend (his cousin) gave him my #.

We've been out about five times and so far I REALLY LIKE HIM!!!

Recently he had a birthday and I had NO idea what to do about it. Once again, Mom was right. She said to send something little to his work as a surprise. She says guys LOVE to get a surprise in the mail at work. I did as she said...just sent a small something (silly banz of his favorite team). Guess what? He really liked the surprise!! :-) So, Thanks MOM!!

So, I like him a lot and I'll keep you all posted!!

XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Yeah!! Love the story and cannot wait to hear more about him :)

midnight macaroons said...

I've been super busy but tonight couldn't wait to check out your blog. I've been dying to find out who this "new guy" is. Don't tell my mom this but they have a way of being right. If your mom likes him and you like him....HE'S A KEEPER!!! Ok, you have to dish, what does he look like?

P.S. Baptist boys are cutest. I married one.