Thursday, November 11, 2010

The Older Guy....

Ladies, thank you SO much for the helpful suggestions on my weight loss!!! I'm so ready to shed this pesky 10 pounds. I did yoga last night, which feels like a day at the spa compared to the treadmill! Ha! Tonight I'm doing 45 minutes of cardio (treadmill or elliptical, whichever is free) and then free weights (arms).

SO, The Older Guy. As you might remember I met a very handsome older man early this fall when my school played Southern Miss in football. We had some great dates, and then started seeing each other regulary for about six weeks.

As will happen when you spend time w/ someone I noticed a few annoying tendencies. However, they weren't too terribly irritating and I dealt w/ it. I REALLY honestly tried to give this one a chance. Often I am way too quick to find something annoying or just something (sometimes even something petty) that I dislike about a guy and set him free early on. In the past I've done this because I was still sooo in love w/ my ex that I dated on again/off again for years {my Mr. Big}.

The annoying habit that I picked up on about this Handsome Older Man was that he was argumentative. He would get on a tangent, or stuck on a topic, and just NOT LET IT GO!!

Example: We're riding in the car w/ my BFF A, a mutual friend of all of ours, and obviously, me and Handsome Older Guy. I mention something about having to run by a pet store to get Trinket's food. He launches into a lecture on pet food. I assure him that Trinket eats high quality food. He then proceeds to argue w/ me that I need to read the ingredients and he "gaurantees there's corn in her food"...Umm, no I feed Trinket Blue Buffalo dog food which is corn, soy, and wheat free because she has allergies. There is a BIG badge on the food advertising that it is corn, soy, and wheat free. He just kept talking right over me and wouldn't listen to anything I was saying.

Another time I asked him nicely to please stop touching me because I didn't feel well. He wasn't having it. I might as well have not said anything at all, because he wasn't going to respect my wishes. ANNOYING!!

The kicker was Halloween weekend. He went out w/ me and my friends as part of our KISS group. Afterwards everyone was at my house. Trinket hates him and has already bitten him. The day she bit him, he tried to pick her up. I TOLD him, several times, giving him plenty of warning, NOT to pick her up and that she would bite him. He woudn't listen and picked her up. She got terrified and bit him. So, on Halloween when he was over Trinket was barking, because obviously now she's super scared of him. In front of everyone, he started in on me about Trinket. How she misbehaves, how she's not socialized. He was saying she's so bad because I don't have her around other dogs. I tried to explain to him that I DO have her around other dogs and she's NOT unsocial, she is just afraid of him because he picked her up, totally ignoring that she was terrified.

Company was just sitting there stunned during all of this. A went to her room and shut the door because she couldn't take another second of arguing.

HE WOULD NOT LET IT GO!!! SO, that HAD to be The End of him!!! I can't stand argumentativeness like that!! I'm a laid back girl and I can agree to disagree. However, you can't agree to disagree w/ a person like him that wants to beat a point to death. THE END. I'll spare you the detials, but he wasn't too pleased about our relationship ending. Yikes!

Hope you all found that amusing!!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my GOD. No way in hell. lol. I'm glad you gave him a try, but I'm pretty sure I would have definitely let him go after he tried to argue about my dog's food. Ass. :-)

Speaking of Blue Dog Food- I just bought some of their wet food today to give it a try for my babies! My baby girl Chiva, seems to enjoy it, but Brady seemed turned off. lol. Just like a fat boy- wants his Science Diet. I'mt hinking of buying the Adult Small Dog food by Blue and see if he'll eat it.

midnight macaroons said...

It sounds like you dodged a big selfish bullet. He doesn't care about you or anyone. It's not personal because he only cares about himself. And the fact that Trinket doesn't like him is a sign. Once I was dating a guy and he kicked my cat "Felix." That was the end of him. Stay away from that guy. RUN...RUN...RUN..FAR AWAY!!!

Girl I hear ya on the yoga. I started back at the gym last week. Last night I worked with a personal trainer on weights. I can hardly move today. I hate the treadmill. It's so boring. I'm thinking of joining a Zumba class (Latin dance). My friend loves it and she has lost 12 lbs. Let you know what I think after I have my first class.