Friday, October 8, 2010

TGIF!!!

VERY exciting news! As I am writing this, ESPN College Game Day is outside my office! RIGHT outside my office. ESPN is here, in my town, at my college, for a football game tomorrow! Can anyone tell how excited I am? Like any good Southern Belle I adore football (and understand it for the most part). Southern women are raised on football. Football season is one of the many reasons that fall is my favorite time of year. As soon as I lock up our building in about 30 minutes I am walking over to where ESPN is set up to take a peek!
Sadly, I won't be attending tomorrow's football game, although I try to attend most home games. I have a GOOD reason-it is my Mom's birthday!! I probably won't even watch tomorrow's game (horrors) because my Mom is NOT a big fan of football. My Mom is a teacher by day, but her hobby is being an artist. Drawing, painting, being creative...she is NOT the football watching type of girl. SO, since tomorrow is ALL about her, I guess I'll miss out. Oh well.

And like any good daughter I ordered a homemade cake. It is from The Sweetery, which is in my hometown. This place is DIVINE! They have even been in Southern Living Mag!! I love how their cakes are so pretty and old fashioned looking. Although NOT part of my diet, I will be enjoying this baby tonight!!! {Not an actual picture of the cake as I haven't left work yet, but you get the idea}
Have a great weekend and GOO COCKS!!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

3 comments:

CAC muffin said...

whoop whoop GO GAMECOCKS!

corkyshell said...

That cake looks delicious!!! Happy Birthday to your mom and what a great USC game :)

midnight macaroons said...

Holy cow that cake looks delish. That's so cool that ESPN was just outside of your office. I hope your mom had a nice B-Day!