Friday, March 12, 2010

On A Roll

I have been on a roll with working out this week. I created a new workout and thought I would share it! This one is hardcore. By the time I was on maybe the second stint of running at 6.5 on the treadmill I was dripping with sweat {gross, sorry}. I am alternating this workout with the one I posted earlier this week. I try to do a super hard workout 3X a week and then do an easy workout (such as just 30 minutes on the elliptical) 2X a week. That allows for two days off.

I know a lot of people only take 1 day off each week, usually Sunday, but I like to allow for two because I know something unplanned will come up at least once a week!

Here it is:

I use light weights….5 lbs dumbbells.

Start with a warm up on the treadmill, a walk increased to a slight jog for 5 – 10 minutes.

Upright or bent over row. 3 sets of 20. Alternate w/ 3 sets of 20 of external rotations.

Follow by 3 sets of 20 of squats. I hold my dumbbells on shoulders for this.

Routine continue as follows:
•Lying Dumbbell Triceps Extension: 2 – 3 sets of 20 – 24 reps
•Reverse Lunges: 2 – 3 sets per leg, 12 reps per set (per leg)
•Treadmill – 8 minutes at 6.5 mph
•Bicep Curl 1 set of 18 reps. This is supersetted with
•Lateral Raise 1 set of 18 reps
When you get used to this make it a superset of 3 sets of 18.
•Treadmill – 8 minutes at 6.5 mph
•Reverse crunches 1 set of 20 (where you lay on your back and move your legs up and down)
•Kneeling Butt Lifts, one set of 18 on each leg. Follow w/ Fire Hydrants, 18 reps on each leg.
•Treadmill: 5 – 8 minutes of cool down
•Forward Lunges: 2 – 3 sets x 10 – 20 reps
•Traveling Lunges: These are just lunges but instead of staying in place you walk across the room. I do this holding a pair of dumbbells.

I've been a little down in the dumps from my "Mr. Big". We went on a date two weeks ago from this coming Sunday. It was WONDERFUL. Then we texted and kept in touch some of last week, A LOT last weekend, probably b/c he knew I was at the beach where I could meet a guy. And I did - but he was a weirdo and I wish he would he stop calling/texting my phone...does he not get that if I was interested I would respond? He prompted me to join the Facebook group "I Wouldn't Have Given You My # if I Had Known You Were This Annoying" LOL. I heard from "Mr. Big" early this week, then as of Wednesday, he never responded to my last text and I have not heard from him since! I will not break down and make contact w/ him, but believe me ladies, I'm sitting at my desk agonizing! Obviously he does not care enough to even see if I am still alive. Of course, as soon as I start to move on or meet someone he pops up like a bad penny. Every time. Never fails. And because we are supposedly "best freinds" -his words, not mine (we've known each other since I was 5)- he gets so so jealous when I start seeing someone. See why I call him my Mr. Big? Ugh, him!

Have a fabulous weekend!
XOXO
Gamecock Queen

2 comments:

Nikosmommy said...

Ohhh he is so not your best friend! I think we've all dated someone like this. They don't really want to date you (though they like the 'idea' of you and think you're 'great') but as soon as you've got someone else cookin' they want back on! You are obviously onto him and you know his game. Don't be sucked in by his charm!!! Next. You're too fabulous for all this!

midnight macaroons said...

He's playing games. He wants to play the field but also wants you to wait on him for when he's ready to get serious. I had a "Mr. Big" when I was single. It's so frustrating. I moved on (literally) moved to another state. 3 short months later I met my husband (been happily married for 8 yrs).

I tell my single friends it's like going shopping. When you come across something you love you grab it at any cost (in fear someone will snatch it away). If we feel this powerful about clothing, handbags, shoes, etc. we need to be this passionate in our relationships. Don't settle for someone who isn't in fear of losing you to another guy.

You sound like a fantastic woman and I know some guy would kill himself to be with you. Tell "Mr. Big" you're looking for "Mr. Right" and he'll look at you different. My "Mr. Big" called my mom upset when he heard I was getting married. Good luck!