I can't really complain, my job is pleasant, my co-workers are amazing, I have great benefits and retirement (if that time ever gets here) and I have my own little office with a big window in a beautiful old building. I am blessed, I know, especially right now when so many are looking for jobs.
However, it's still sobering and I had to cheer myself up by reminding myself Easter is right around the corner! I LOVE Easter. Springtime, bunnies, Easter dresses, and I always watch Steel Magnolias (because I love the Easter Bunny riding a motorcycle at the end of the film). I emailed my Easter Basket Wish List to my grandparents (because they spoil me and because I'm never too old for an Easter basket) and you better believe I did not neglect to put these babies at the top of my list. YUM.

I can't do a post about Easter without at least mentioning the huge, pastel, ruffled dresses I wore every Easter. I wish I had a picture of one of them on my computer, but I don't, so this will have to do. This is me and my cousin in 1988. Don't you just love how I have on WHITE tap shoes with RED socks?

XOXO
Gamecock Queen
6 comments:
I agree...how is it only Hump Day?! And I don't think I mind the 40 more years thing, everytime I try to do nothing for longer than 1 day, I get bored and am eager to return to work. I guess I am a nerd :)
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE days off too!
Hey girl! it's funny you asked me if I tanned, on my post about my rash- I DO use the tanning bed, and that rash? yeah----caused partly by the tanning beds.
Don't get scared. ;-) I knew I'd get some haters and probably still will- knowing my rash was from a bed. Some people are very much against tanning period.
I enjoy it and like to have some color. I usually go about 4 times a week during the spring and summer.
But anyway-That rash was from a VERY old tanning lotion my mom had (little did I know it was old). It was a tingle and I used it in the hottest bed at the salon thinking I could take it- My skin just didn't agree with all that heat and the rash happened. :-P and it sucks. never again will I use old lotion nor cheap lotion! Nor use a tingle in the hottest bed they offer. :-)
I do use tingle lotion though- I love the color it gives me.
How often do you tan and do you use a lotion?
omg mini eggs! I DIE! haha. Did you order a painting from my friend allie? i think i saw a pic of it : )
I had the same dress when I was little! That's crazy.
I'm on my way out to hit the gym. I bought Jelly Beans for an Easter basket I was going to make. Well, one bean lead to another bean and....I love Easter too much.
Have a wonderful day!
I love my chihuahua too!!! They are so special!! I am happy the weekend has arrived!
I LOVE Cadbury mini eggs!!! They are soooo much better than the Hershey eggies! I (ahem) buy the giant pound bag and have no idea where they go (ahem).
Post a Comment