Monday, January 25, 2010

Looking forward to....

I LOVE going to the movies. A and I watch movies at home almost daily, but going to actually see a movie in the theatre is the BEST for me. I guess it is that there are no distractions. Plus when I pay to see a movie I don't fall asleep during it, which is what I do at home! I have ants in my pants to see Dear John.

I have read all of Nicholas Sparks books, some of them several times! I love Nicholas Sparks. Funny story about the book Dear John, it has some really sad parts in it. So, fall 2008 when I ended a 5 year relationship with this guy I used to date (why I dated in the first place God only knows LOL), I happened to see Dear John in the grocery store and picked it up. I was sitting at home, alone, one night about 9 PM reading it and sobbing my head off. One of my girlfriends stopped by my house to pick something up and I answer my front door still crying. She gasps "oh my gosh, are you crying about S?!" and is totally horrified and sad. I have to tell her, "no, I'm reading Nicholas Sparks new book!"

I am waiting and waiting until this comes out and I can see it. I think this one will be as good as The Notebook and that is one movie I NEVER get tired of watching! I think I could watch The Notebook everyday. Isn't that every girl's favorite movie?
I am also really wanting to see Valentine's Day.
I am still spending time with the new guy and it's still so far so good! I am really liking this one. I am actually really surprised at how much I like him. :-)

XOXOX
Gamecock Queen

5 comments:

Blair @ Reasonably Swanky said...

I cannot wait to see both of these movies! I hope Dear John is as good as The Notebook! I'm in need of a good romance! :) I sob like a baby every time I see the Notebook. I read one of his books last summer (I cannot remember the name) and cried my eyes out while I was laying out on the beach. I got so many weird looks..haha!
And V-day looks really cute! What a great cast!

xo
Blair

USCEmily said...

Oh my gosh, let me know when you go see Dear John if you don't mind me tagging along! I really want to see it, and there is no way I'll drag Ed along for that- besides, we go to see a movie about once a year and our one time was like a month ago ;-)

Carrie said...

I really want to see both of these movies too! The only thing I'm a little nervous about is with "Valentines Day," it seems like whenever a movie has a ton of big names it's not that great. Hopefully this breaks that mold!

daniella said...

Secretly, I hope the movie will derive slightly from the book and have a different ending, because even though I like the book's ending I would have like "the other" outcome better :-)

Too bad we don't live in the same town to go see it together! We'd have way too much fun.

CAC muffin said...

oh my gosh I get tears in my eyes just when I see the previews for Dear John! I CAN'T wait to see this movie!!!! I haven't read the book in sooooo long but I'm making myself wait to re-read it after I watch the movie!